New Reports Released 01/04/2023
Reporting data available for Blackcart orders
The payment cycle for Blackcart orders is different than a traditional order (where all payment transactions happen at initial checkout), and therefore the process for reconciling bank deposits and keeping track of revenue is different. More information about the Blackcart order payment and payout cycle can be found here.
To help make your financial reporting easier, we give merchants the ability to filter and export all key order transaction data into one single csv file via the Reports section of the Merchant Portal.
What data is available to export?
Blackcart reports gives you quick access to the following categories of data. The data is exported to a single report making it easy filter and pivot data as needed to reconcile bank deposits and record revenue.
- Key order details including date, Shopify order number, order values (gross sales, discounts, shipping, tax), and the status of the order within the trial period order cycle
- Customer payment and refund transaction information including dates, transaction status, and Stripe payment IDs
- Merchant order financials including Blackcart fees and service fees, payout amounts, and Stripe payout IDs.
See our Reports Glossary for more details on what data is available in the reports.
How do I access Blackcart Reports?
Reports can be accessed through your Merchant Portal account under the Reports section.
You'll notice that there are two different reports available in the drop-down menu, payment reconciliation and order reconciliation. Both reports contain the same data, the main difference is the time period filtering.
- The payment reconciliation report filters the data based on the date of the customer payment transaction. This report is helpful for reconciling bank deposits.
- The order reconciliation report filters the data based on the date the order was placed. This report is helpful for recording revenue.
To export the report, set your date range, select the report type from the drop-down, and click Submit.
The report will populate and from there you will have the option to Export Data to a csv file.
Tips for reconciling Blackcart orders data
The Try Before You Buy order and payment cycle is different than a standard order. A few things to remember when reconciling:
- Orders in Shopify always show as fully paid when the order is initially placed; this is required to fulfill the order for the customer. Shopify payment information will be correct once the order finishes the trial period and reaches a Completed state. Any returned items will be recorded with a refund in the Shopify order. Order status and payment status are included in both Blackcart reports. Orders will also have a Blackcart-Complete tag on them in Shopify once completed.
- Shopify can sometimes contain test orders placed through Blackcart's preview mode. Note that these orders are never fulfilled and you should not expect payment for them. All test orders will be tagged "Blackcart Test" to help you identify them.
- Blackcart reports exported from Stripe sometimes have a lag in reporting payouts from the last 2-3 days.
|The date when the customer transaction occurred
|The date when the order was placed
|Order number displayed in the Shopify Admin
|Blackcart order number
|Status of the order at the time the report was pulled
Indicates the type of transaction. Transactions can represent actual charge/refund transactions OR order values. More details on each transaction type below.
Sale: Posted to indicate the value of all items in the order at initial checkout. Only represents the order values and does not represent an actual charge transaction.
Initial Payment: Posted to indicate the amount the customer has been charged upon initial checkout. Represents an actual charge transaction.
Payment: Posted to indicate the amount customer has subsequently been charged when keeping TBYB items after the initial checkout. Represents an actual charge transaction.
Refund: Posted to indicate the amount the customer has been refunded. Represents an actual refund transaction.
Return: Posted to indicate the value of the items being returned. Similar to Sale, only represents the order values and does not represent an actual refund transaction.
|the status of the customer's payment
|Count of all the items sold per order
|Count of all the items returned per order
|The currency the customer paid in
|Gross merchandise value transacted
|Gross Sales less Discounts less Returns
|Shipping fee charged on the order
|Tax charged on the order
|Restocking fee charged on the order
|Total amount paid
|Try Before You Buy deposit amount paid at initial checkout (if applicable)
|Total amount of the payment
|Blackcart service fee associated with the order
|Transaction fee associated with the order
|Sum of all the Blackcart service fee and Transaction fees
|Amount of money paid out to the merchant
|the recipient's (merchant's) bank account currency
|the amount converted in the recipient's bank currency (if applicable)
|the fee amount in the recipient's bank currency
|the converted_total_amount less the converted_total_fee
|Stripe payment ID tied to the customer transaction
|Stripe payout ID related to the amount transferred to the merchant bank account
|The date the balance transaction’s net funds will become available in the Stripe balance. Dates in UTC.
|The merchant's Blackcart store ID