Blackcart uses EasyPost to handle shipment tracking and return label generation for Try Before You Buy orders.
As part of your onboarding requirements for Blackcart, you will need to ensure that your carrier account has been successfully added to EasyPost. Steps for adding your carrier account to EasyPost will differ depending on which carrier you use.
For Australia Post specifically, EasyPost will require your production API credentials which you will need to obtain from Australia Post directly and can take up to 24 hours. There are also several requirements you will need to meet with Australia Post in order to obtain your production API credentials:
Australia Post requirements:
- Merchants need an Australia Post eParcel contract and/or a Startrack contract
- Merchants need to be able to either log in or sign up for an Australia Post MyPost account
Steps for obtaining API credentials from Australia Post:
- Log in to your Australia Post MyPost account or quickly sign up for a new account.
- Go to register for ‘Shipping and Tracking’ API keys and press 'Complete Registration' button (note that the button only appears if logged in to your Australia Post MyPost account)
- Complete the form and add the applicable Australia Post eParcel or Startrack account numbers
- Select to integrate with Easypost as your eCommerce platform partner
- Once complete, Australia Post will respond within 24 hours with the information required to generate a production API key.
Add Australia Post as a carrier to your EasyPost account:
Simply provide the key and any additional information Australia Post has given to EasyPost.
- Log in with your Easypost credentials
- Go to the carriers page
- Add Australia Post as a Carrier Account
- Input the information provided by Australia Post email in Production Credentials