If you need to make a price adjustment to a customer's order after it is initially placed, you can do this through our Refund and Refund Allocation workflow.
A common use case for this is if a customer forgets to input their discount code during their initial checkout and reaches out to your Customer Support team with a request to apply it to their order.
Refund and Refund Allocation workflow for price adjustments:
- Open the order in your Shopify Admin and click the Refund button
- If you're not refunding an entire product and just making a price adjustment (i.e. giving the customer a $10 off discount), enter in the amount you'd like to reduce the total order by in the Refund Amount section and click the Refund button.
- You will then see the refund amount show up on the order details page in Shopify along with the Net payment updated to reflect the discount you applied as a refund.
- From the Blackcart Merchant Portal order details view, you will also see the refund logged as an adjustment under the Charges section.
If your goal is to discount the total order value by the refunded amount, (i.e. $10), you do not need to take any further action. Once the customer makes their "keep" decision, the total amount charged to them will reflect the additional discount amount added in Shopify as a refund.
- Optional - Allocate Refund
If you'd like the refunded amount to only apply to a specific item or items in the order, you can use the allocate refund action to assign the refunded amount to the desired item.
Step 1 - From the Order actions dropdown menu in the top right corner of the order details page, select allocate refund and click the play button. Follow the prompt to go to the refund allocation page.
Step 2 - From the Refund Allocation page, allocate the refund as desired. Any remaining refund balance not allocated to a specific product will remain as an order-level refund. Click Submit.
Once the customer makes their "keep" decision, the total amount charged to them for each product and order will reflect the original amount less the refunded amount as allocated.
Please sign in to leave a comment.